Featured Post

MEDITATION

ON MEDITATION There are a few well meaning Christian friends who ask me about my leaning towards eastern philosophy and meditation. I w...

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Worship


As the day winds up and the sun begins to set, I’m glad I rose early, meditated upon God’s word, and prayed that my eternal and loving Father would prepare my heart to meet and worship Him in the church where I was raised and born into His family. 

As the Psalmist said there is gladness in going into the  House of the Lord. Sunday wouldn’t be right in my household if we miss worship on the Lord’s day.

Some of my friends are just plainly curious while others are perplexed why I refuse all social invitations on the day of worship.   Some of them are Christians others are not.  I always tell them that when one stands up for the cause of Christ he should not be wishy-washy about his commitment to his faith.

Christians are called upon to glorify God. In every situation our spiritual service of worship requires that we present our bodies  to God as living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to Him, which is our worship. We have to be present. It is hardly possible to do this if I go to places of leisure or pleasure instead of His House, or simply send my wife to say Hi! to God for me . Spending time with our Creator is a serious business. If we are afraid or hate to miss an appointment with the boss or a business  associate, I am always puzzled why some Christians couldn’t care less if they miss or are even late for their meeting with God.  Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment