Featured Post

MEDITATION

ON MEDITATION There are a few well meaning Christian friends who ask me about my leaning towards eastern philosophy and meditation. I w...

Tuesday, July 15, 2014


STRAIGHT AND SIMPLE

On a late afternoon I lined up in popular Fast-Food Chain  to have a bite. The hunger pangs needed to be appeased.

When I reached the girl at the counter she gave the usual pat greeting and asked what I wanted. I said I wanted a hamburger.

She seemed puzzled by the simplicity of my need. She asked me if I would prefer hamburger with cheese, burger with coke, burger with fries, burger with pasta or would I prefer meal 1, meal 2 or meal 3, or a number of combinations which they call combo, making my head spin.

I was only hoping  she would feed me a piece of hamburger, no more no less. So why push an array of food  in a dizzying display of commercial hype pressing me to spend more for what I don’t need? 

I realized  visiting a food chain is stressful.. Ordering or buying food  nowadays is  complicated. A lot of run around, obtuse offers, confusing presentation, or worst deceiving spirits.

One authority in the field of Communication says we should stick to the simple principle of KISS.

Keep

It

Straight (and)

Simple.

Why not? And why can’t they? 

Our Lord is the greatest Master of simplicity. He summarized the Ten Commandments and reduced it only to two:

“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and with all your mind.” (Matthew 22:37)

“Love your neighbor as yourself.” (Matthew 22:39)

Still, despite the straight simplicity some Christians find it hard to understand and obey them.

Like the lawyer who talked to Jesus, they have to ask who is my neighbor (See Luke 10:25-37) then start a debate.

Ah, what a world.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment