Featured Post

MEDITATION

ON MEDITATION There are a few well meaning Christian friends who ask me about my leaning towards eastern philosophy and meditation. I w...

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A MESSAGE FROM MY STUDENT

A MESSAGE FROM MY STUDENT
Sometimes one doesn’t realize how precious and inspiring it is to be thought of, and appreciated  by someone whom you haven’t seen or heard from for a long time. 
Several years ago I was a teacher.  I loved to stimulate young minds to think and reason on their own feet. Students have come and gone, and  the time came when I had to finally hang up my saddle and let others pick up the ride. I could only cherish with fond memories my  classroom encounter with my students who have now become very successful   practitioners of their craft.
Most of my students have become more prosperous than I am. Some of them have become better teachers than I am, while others have become famous as public figures.  Most of them, perhaps, because of the  frenetic  pace in the profession, would simply dish out a casual greeting, or extend a weak handshake or mutter, “Good morning Sir” or “Good morning Judge”.
I am truly proud of all of them for I derive the highest fulfillment in knowing that at some stage in their lives I was part of their making, and may be in some way I have impacted their lives. 
Today I received a chat message from  a long forgotten student, who is now based in Manila. I am deeply moved by the gesture  because of the hundreds of students who toiled under my watch, he is the only one who said : “ Sir., Good evening. How are you na Sir? It's been 11 years Sir na we haven't seen each other.. You are one of my favorite professors Sir.  Thanks for teaching us good lawyering.. We owe everything to you Sir..”
Dexter  thank you for the thought.  This  will keep me warm in the winter of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment