Featured Post

MEDITATION

ON MEDITATION There are a few well meaning Christian friends who ask me about my leaning towards eastern philosophy and meditation. I w...

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My Hurry Sickness

My wife tells me I am too excessively focused on time, that the watch and the clock have become my hard taskmasters. She resents it when I remind her that she is slowing me down for an appointment, because she takes a long time to dress and make up herself in front of the mirror unmindful that we are running late. I suffer extreme anxiety when I couldn't be at the appointed time, and worst, if trying to catch a plane or ferry ride. I worry excessively about schedules, deadlines, and appointments, oppressed by the urgency of the moment. She tells me I'm suffering from hurry sickness, and much too high strung in keeping time that I should do something about it. She's right, today I will throw out the three wall clocks which have been sternly watching my going and coming, and tomorrow I couldn't care less if I miss the business hours where I am suppose to  pick up the beauty kit she's been asking me to bring. I'm slowing down.   

No comments:

Post a Comment