Featured Post

MEDITATION

ON MEDITATION There are a few well meaning Christian friends who ask me about my leaning towards eastern philosophy and meditation. I w...

Saturday, August 17, 2013

KNOWING THE FUTURE


KNOWING THE FUTURE


The camel driver…had consulted with seers.


Then one day the oldest seer he had ever sought had 

asked why the camel driver was so interested in the 

future.



 “Well… so I can do things,” (the camel driver) 

responded. “And so I can change those things that I 

don’t want to happen.”



“But then, they wouldn’t be a part of your future,” the 

seer had said.


“Well, maybe I just want to know the future, so I can 

prepare myself for what's coming,” the seer said.


“If good things are coming they will be a pleasant 

surprise,” said the seer. ”if bad things are, and you 

know in advance, you will suffer greatly before they 

even occur.”



-The Alchemist, Paul Coelho.



And He said unto them, “It is not for you to 

know the times or the seasons which the Father 

hath put in His power.” 


-(Acts 1:7, King James Version)


No comments:

Post a Comment