Featured Post

MEDITATION

ON MEDITATION There are a few well meaning Christian friends who ask me about my leaning towards eastern philosophy and meditation. I w...

Saturday, March 21, 2015

COME FORTH AS GOLD

“But He knows the way that I take; when He has tested me, I will come forth  as gold.”
-Job 23:10


The suffering servant Job went through the fire of testing which perhaps no man has ever experienced. He was driven to question God about his sufferings. In the darkness of his pain, he wanted some explanations. His wife saw no glimmer of light in this darkness that she urged Job to curse God and die. And yet Job held on to that last straw of hope. God will not abandon him. In the end his true character had shined forth like gold. All the impurities had been removed by the fiery fire of testing and what remained of his faith and of his life was pure, unadulterated gold, precious and pleasing to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment