Featured Post

MEDITATION

ON MEDITATION There are a few well meaning Christian friends who ask me about my leaning towards eastern philosophy and meditation. I w...

Sunday, June 19, 2011

WHAT GREATER LOVE THAN THIS

WHAT GREATER LOVE THAN THIS
There is a story about Cyrus, the founder of the Persian Empire, who once captured a Prince and his entire family.
When the captives were presented before the monarch, Cyrus asked the prisoner Prince, "What will you give me if I release you?" The Prince replied, "The half of my wealth, your Majesty" "And if I release your children?" The Prince replied, "Everything I possess, your Majesty." Finally Cyrus said, "And what will you give me if I will release your wife?" The Prince replied, "Your Majesty, I will give myself."
So moved was Cyrus, by the devotion of this young Prince, that he released the Prince and his entire family.
As the Prince, his wife and children returned to their domain, the Prince spoke to his wife, "Wasn't Cyrus a handsome man!"
With a tender look of love in her eyes, the Princess said, “My Prince, I did not notice. I only have eyes for you, the one who was willing to give his life for me."
Now think about God’s love.

-From the Bible Teachings of Woodrow Kroll,  Back To The Bible-

No comments:

Post a Comment