Featured Post

MEDITATION

ON MEDITATION There are a few well meaning Christian friends who ask me about my leaning towards eastern philosophy and meditation. I w...

Friday, December 16, 2011

AN INVITATION TO CONNECT

Facebook and the rest of the social networking sites have considerably changed our lives.
On the positive side, they have brought healing to the emotional pain of disconnectedness, self worth to those who long for expression and attention, boldness to the timid, and belongingness to the estranged.
 I believe there are some personality issues I struggle with, which have been straightened out in the process of interacting with humans in all their weaknesses, virtues, and diversities, through this fascinating technology.  My manic introvertion  has  been surprisingly moderated, at least, and I could beat after  a great deal of struggle, my severe shyness.  
People  long for approval  and sad to say this is a rare commodity in broken homes and families  where love is absent, in a society where cruelty, anger, and selfishness abound.
 I am moved to reflect  that God designed us to be connected. The Book of Genesis, declares,  “It is not good for man to be alone.”  Our Lord and Redeemer was born into a humble human family, and dwelt among men.  While at times we see Him to be a solitary figure praying and talking to His Father in the mountains alone, He lived and walked with His disciples.  His serene connection with His disciples gave them  peace and joy, that this world couldn’t give nor understand.
 I am glad that the Almighty has blessed mankind with the technology  where we can be connected with each other overcoming  the limits of time and space.  But the greatest connection we need to have is our connection with the Lord Jesus Christ, whose birth the entire Christendom is celebrating, this season. He is the Christ in Christmas.  As a Christian I am driven to witness for Him, and may I invite you to connect with Him, by accepting Him as Lord and Savior.  He will give you that peace which surpasses all understanding (Phil. 4:7). He will give you rest.( Matt. 11:28) He will fill you with all joy and peace that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.( Romans 15:13.)
Blaise Pascal once said there is that restlessness in man that only God can fill. St. Augustine said there is a hole in one’s heart and soul that only God can fill.
The life of a Christian is defined by a relationship with Christ. 
Christ  said, ”Behold I stand at the door and knock. Anyone who hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him and he with Me. (Rev. 3:20)
What a wonderful promise of  fellowship.
 Christ said, “Come to me all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you  and  learn from  Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart and you will find rest for your souls.” (Matthew 11:28-29) 
"I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me and I in him, bears much fruit, for without Me you can do nothing."(John 15:5)     
The highest connection of all, apart from connecting with people, is the connection we have with Christ.  Add Him as your Friend, Lord, and Savior. He will confirm His promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment