Featured Post

MEDITATION

ON MEDITATION There are a few well meaning Christian friends who ask me about my leaning towards eastern philosophy and meditation. I w...

Tuesday, June 19, 2012


Today is a continuation of lessons in the Discipline of Silence from the drunken Master.

Master: I believe the mass of humanity seems to be afraid of silence, don’t you think so?

Me: I feel ill at ease when my wife is cold quiet and doesn’t speak to me.

Master: Ah the passive intensity of silent  rage disturbs you deeply like a wound that cries out to be healed.

Me: Exactly.

Master: So for days if she doesn’t speak to you, you suffer intensely?

Me: Yes

Master: I suppose it had to be you who could break the silent war, by making the first sound, isn’t it?

Me: If I couldn’t hold out for long, that’s exactly the case.

Master: And what happens?

Me: That settles the cold war.

Master: How does it feel?

Me: Good to be listening to her talk again.

Master: Silence is the state of total listening.


 (Photo by wannabefansubs.info)

No comments:

Post a Comment