Featured Post

MEDITATION

ON MEDITATION There are a few well meaning Christian friends who ask me about my leaning towards eastern philosophy and meditation. I w...

Friday, June 8, 2012

Quiet Time With The Drunken Master


I join the drunken Master in silent solitude as he sits motionless, waiting for the first light of dawn.

He stares at the eastern sky and smiles at the brightening horizon.  He breaks the silence.

“What’s on your mind?” he asks?

“A  lot of things,” I say.

“I see you can endure silence”,  he says.

“ She’s a long time companion”,  I say.

“Has she been good company?” he asks.

“ She’s around when I need her,” I say.

The drunken Master is quiet for awhile. He pats the black Labrador sitting at his feet. The Lab wags his tail.

“You need to do more if she’s any comfort to you,” he says.

“How is that possible?”I ask.

“Empty your mind, quiet your heart.  In quietness is your strength”, he says, “the last is a quote from the Prophet Isaiah, the 30th chapter”, he quips, with a naughty wink.

The black dog barks,  another noisy day begins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment