Featured Post

MEDITATION

ON MEDITATION There are a few well meaning Christian friends who ask me about my leaning towards eastern philosophy and meditation. I w...

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

How You Say It Makes A Great Deal Of Difference (2)


How You Say It Makes A Great Deal Of Difference (2)

A monk was walking in the Monastery garden during the hour of meditation. He met fellow monk who was smoking as he walked along the garden path.

"Did you get permission from the Superior to smoke during meditation?" asked the first monk.

"Yes, I was permitted" the second monk replied.

"But I asked if I could smoke during meditation and I was turned down" the first monk whined.

"You didn't phrase it properly. You asked if you could smoke during meditation. I asked if I might meditate while I smoked," the second monk explained.

How you say it makes a great deal of difference.

(Photo from trekearth.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment