Featured Post

MEDITATION

ON MEDITATION There are a few well meaning Christian friends who ask me about my leaning towards eastern philosophy and meditation. I w...

Tuesday, June 21, 2022

PRIDE THE ROOT CAUSE

 

PRIDE THE ROOT CAUSE

“God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” (James 4:6)

Did you know that pride was the first sin ever committed?

An angel named Lucifer tried to exalt himself above God. He declared: “I will ascend to heaven;  I will raise my throne above the stars of God, and I will sit on the mount of assembly in the recesses of the north. I will ascend  above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High” (Isaiah 14:13-14) (Look at the pride of this angel, most handsome and brightest, who said “I”, “I”, “I,”  “I”, “I”, “I”)

He said, “I will” five (5) times, and God said, “No, you won’t” and cast him out of Heaven. Lucifer, “son  of the  morning”  become Satan  the accuser. 

(God said to Lucifer, “Thine heart was lifted up because of thy,  beauty, thou hast corrupted  thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness; I will cast thee to the ground. I will lay thee before kings that they may behold thee.” Ezekiel 28:17)

Every sin whatever it is has pride at its root because all sin is defiance of God. What could be more prideful than saying, “I won’t follow God’s standard”. 

God isn’t impressed with your credentials. You must come to God and say, “I am a sinner, and I realize I am worthy of nothing”.

-The Importance of Humility, Daily Readings For A Deeper Faith, John Macarthur

No comments:

Post a Comment