Featured Post

MEDITATION

ON MEDITATION There are a few well meaning Christian friends who ask me about my leaning towards eastern philosophy and meditation. I w...

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

BIRTH PAINS

BIRTH PAINS

A man went to see the Pastor of his Parish because he was terribly worried.

The Priest asked the man what seemed to gravely trouble him.

“A few years ago,” the man said, “I went home one day and heard my wife singing the song Tea For Two”.

“That’s a nice song,” the Priest remarked.

“Yes, I agree it’s a nice song but the following year my wife gave birth to twins,” the man replied.

“But that’s wonderful!” remarked the Priest.

“No, no Father, hear me out, remarked the man, “ because the following year, one day when I got home I saw my wife watching the movie Three Musketeers on Television.”

“That’s a good movie,” the Priest replied. 

“Well I agree,” the man said, “but two years later my wife gave birth to triplets!”

“Really? Why are you worried now with five kids in a row the more the merrier,” the Priest said.

“Last night,” the man replied, “I found my wife reading quite a heavy book entitled ‘The Birth of a Nation,’ now shouldn’t I be worried?”


“Holy Abraham!” the Priest exclaimed.

No comments:

Post a Comment