Featured Post

MEDITATION

ON MEDITATION There are a few well meaning Christian friends who ask me about my leaning towards eastern philosophy and meditation. I w...

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

MISCOMMUNICATION



MISCOMMUNICATION 

A teenager  was failing in most of his subjects in college. His parents felt that they had spoiled him by giving everything he wanted, that he showed little interest in studying,  despite being sent to one of the best colleges. He was lazy and preferred to go out with his friends. 
One day he approached his dad and said,  "Dad, I have found the car that I want. It is only a couple of years old. It is just like new and the owner said you could buy it for me for only $15,000."  
The father said, "Son, I find myself unable and unwilling to accede to your persuasiveness for such a bauble of extravagance."
The son was puzzled and  confused. He said, “Dad I I don’t get it. I can’ t understand what the hell you’re saying." 
“Son” the father said, “What the hell is happening to you. Don’t you understand English? I pay a great deal of money for your education. Now go back to school, because there seems to be a terrible failure of communication here.”

No comments:

Post a Comment